Just for your information, I am mainly writing on here for myself. I want to look back at what my thoughts and plans were over the years. I think it would be cool.
So this time wanted to write about my goals. My aspirations for the coming years.
- Find a Major – I know what you’re thinking. All freshman change their major at least once. I am not really sure what I want to do. I think being in some sort of creative major would be good for myself. I thrive on creating things from nothing. I definitely want to take a bunch of art classes this fall. But I have to think into the future about these things. What’s gonna get me far in this world. I was recently thinking about being a ophthalmologist. I think this came from my recent purchase from Warby Parker. I think it would be cool working for them. Maybe being on some sort of creative team designing the glasses, I think that would be cool.
- Make Friends – Ever since moving to Florida I’ve lost a lot of connections with some of my best friends. Whether this fall I reach back out to those friends or make new ones up in T-Town. I really miss going out with people (who I’m not related too). Having someone that I can say practically anything too. I can’t say it hasn’t been tough. It’s mainly my fault I guess. I’m not great at small talk and I get really nervous around groups of new people. I’m gonna have to get really out of my comfort zone this year.
- Grow my Vinyl Collection – This year I bought my first record player! I had received a live vinyl from one of my favorite bands for christmas but sadly had nothing to play it on. I took my time researching to find the best but most affordable one on the market. I ended up getting the Audio-Technica. After having for 5 months, I have to say it is one of my favorite purchases. I just need to build my vinyl collection. I have about nine total right now. If you have any vinyl finding tips let me know.
- Get another Tattoo – Honestly, I don’t know when I will be getting my next tattoo but I am always thinking of it. It’s always in the back of my mind. I will mention something that happened to me when I visited Celebration, near Disney, on Saturday. I was checking out at a little corner bakery when the boy at the register said “Are those roses?” At first I had no idea what he was talking about. But then he mentioned my tattoo and I told him no, that they were peonies (And it doesn’t bother me that people sometimes mistake the type of flower it is). But he then began to recommend a tattoo artist for me that was just across the road. I immediately thanked him for the recommendation. I was really giddy (on the inside) that he had done that (i’d never gotten a recommendation before so it was kind of a big deal). Okay end of story.
- Do Good – I just want to take college as seriously as possible. I want to do my best. I don’t want all of this hard-earned money to go straight down the drain. I will get all A’s. I will be productive. I will be positive and ready to work with other people. This is a big goal but you never know if you can do something if you don’t try.