- I find it easiest to find Tattoo Artist who you like through social media. I hate the idea of going to some random shop and saying, “Hey, I want a tattoo is that cool?” No, I have to make sure that this artist is someone whose work is something that I genuinely enjoy seeing. I will start first my saying who I chose as my first tattoo Artist.
- Erin Odea
- I chose Erin to do my first tattoo because I loved her style. She had the thick black lines and old school style that I loved. She was located just north of Miami but I didn’t care. As long as I knew that the artist I chose would be able to create something that I loved, I would drive any distance (Not the west though). I contacted her in July wanting to schedule for September. Now, every time I see my tattoo, it gives me this boost of confidence that i never knew I could have. It makes me feel, honestly, like a bad ass! Though this is not why I got the tattoo. I got it because I loved the idea that I could have something on me, that I personally thought is FREAKING BEAUTIFUL, forever and it would be something that could never be physically stolen or taken away from me. Now my mother that’s a whole different story that will have to be told on another post. Erin, thank you so much for my tattoo and handling the situation with my mom.
Alright on to the list. My top 5 artist. Starting from the top!
- Myra Oh
- Alright, this girl is so freaking amazing I don’t know what else to say. Her work is what I have been waiting for! And how freaking lucky is it that she isn’t a country away!! I love, what seems to be her signature tattoo, her pretty ladies with the flowers that cover their heads. She has to be my number one on my list because I am just in awe of her. I even bought a lovely tote and shirt from her! And I got the cutest stickers to go along with it!
- Jody Dawber
- COLOR. OH MY LORD. Jody has so much talent I don’t even know where to begin. She does the incredible looking thing with her tattoos where it pretty much looks like she sprinkled them with little candies. I especially love how she does these pieces with the straight RED hearts. It looks incredible. The sad thing about Jody is that she is a country away 😦
- Brian Flores
- Brian’s tattoos just LOOK so freakin fantastic. His style is something that I just could look at forever. It’s smooth and vibrant. I really can’t describe it well so just look at the pictures below. Again, not in my country.
- I LOVE Phil’s style. He has the solid lines of my dreams and that style that pines at my heart. Old school is my style of choice I guess I can say. It just seems like it would never go out of style. Especially the way Phil does it! See below!
5. Leslie Karin
- Known as Catxbone on Instagram, her work is like no other. I adore the sketchy style she has to them. She makes me want to cover my whole body with crystal tattoos. I have nothing bad to say about her work. They are all so whimsical and lovely I just can’t handle myself. Just look at this Harry Potter inspired one!!
Alrighty y’all. That’s it! They’re so many more but I there is so little time! There will be a part two coming soon. Thanks for reading and check out all these fantastic Artist.